Friday, January 11, 2008

January 11th Update

Hello everyone, and thanks for still following along! First, Tracy, Madi and I want to extend a big congratulations to the Mahoney's in Saint John as they received their referral this past week - Meaghan http://ourjourneytobabym.blogspot.com/. As well we want to wish Lorraine and Rowan all the best as they prepare to leave to be united with Adia http://www.irvine-roberts.com/ , how many more sleeps Lorraine? Anyway their blogspots have both been added to our site so please take the time to drop by their blogspots and have a look at their beautiful daughters. All the best you guys 2008 is going to be an awesome year! That goes for you too Bryan and Angela....Ella is patiently waiting in China! Hang in there guys.

For us, well how about a few pics for starters.

I know what a ham!


...and Oh what a smile!


Well where do I start this week....hmmm how about some quick advice for new parents to be like Lorraine and Rowan out west and most recently the Mahoney's in SJ.

The only advice I'll ever give is this and 'this' is something that I don't care what anyone says it's applicable straight across the board.....advice: Don't BLINK you might miss something!!! We've been home for 3 weeks and our 1 month anniverary with Madi was yesterday and we cannot believe the progress that she is making and has already made. The seemingly small things we take for granted are little milestones all along the way. Take for instance our little Madi on Dec 10th if you had given her a cheerio she cried as she didn't know what to do with it. Today on the other hand you cannot keep enough on her plate and not only that she picks them up herself! What day she start doing this? Exactly I cannot even remember. This is what I'm talking about, grab yourself a book and start writing stuff down that you consider to be milestones. As time moves along as you enter parenthood write down when your little one has reached these milestones, otherwise you'll forget the first time she waved, the very first kiss she blew, or that first step. They're all little things but when you add them all up collectively they become your child growing up. Take notice of them 'cause if you blink you might miss something.

Ok so on another note this week was my first week back to work and although I did not work the entire week it was a hard one to get through. I'm as proud as any new daddy but I gotta tell you this little girl has bitten off a huge piece of my heart and it's some hard leaving her each morning. But, and yes there's always that infamous 'but', when I get home and I've had a stressful day and that little girl smiles at me when I come through the door everything just vanishes away. All the worries of the world could be upon my shoulders but Madi takes them all away....sniffle sniffle.....I know know I'm awfully mushy......I'm so happy that Tracy has this opportunity to stay at home with Madi for the next 7 months. She is really enjoying herself as a Mom at home with her daughter and I would not see it any other way. What a great opportunity for her and it makes me feel so good each day when I leave that Madi's Mommy is right there to look after her while her Daddy is away at work.

To end how about a few more pics....

Madi and my Mom enjoying some time together


In the next couple of pics they of our nieces Julie and Nikki feeding Madi(we like to call these babysitters in training!)

Julie

Nikki


Anyway I don`t want to spoil everyone with too many pics right Ange? Oh and to the "girls" you know who you are Tracy's partners in crime I'll try to behave myself when you come over Tuesday night...lol or maybe I should just get out of your hair all together, Bryan what are you doing?

Have a great weekend and we'll see you all next week!

Chris

5 comments:

Family Life said...

Chris, I thought you were our entertainment once Madi went to bed? Who will we laugh at if you leave??
Steph

RoLo said...

She is so sweet. Only 4 more sleeps!!

geminirn said...

What a doll,she is adorable.......only 53 more sleeps until we are in the sky flying to Beijing....yipppeeeeee!!!!!

my3 kids said...

what a sweet little dolly! Congrats. We are so excited for Lorraine and Rowan. Janice
http://www.momtoo3.blogspot.com/

Mammarazzi Madness said...

Hi !
She looks like she is settling in nicely. Congrats !
Amazing how fast time flies once you are home. Kinda makes the pain of the waiting time disappear, doesn't it ?
All the best !
Andrea ( from Fredericton)