Thursday, November 29, 2007

Is This Really Happening?


Well, it's a few days since we updated so here goes. Oh and this is Chris that is updating tonight...This past week is going pretty quick considering we're on the home stretch and we figured that these last few days would seem like weeks in themselves. To answer my own question I guess this is really happening as today our Visas, Plane Tickets, and Itinerary all arrived safely... phewie... the stress and anxiety are getting lessened each day and even though Ange still feels like she's gonna be sick we're doing fine. Thanks Ange for covering that off for us. We'll be feeling that way next week on Wednesday morning as we fly to Beijing. :o)

Tracy and I both finished off work this week and with so much to do I'm glad we did. My day on Tuesday ended with a pleasant suprise. The teams that I have been working with got together and put together a suprise shower, and even though Kev(my manager) had a hard time getting me off the phone(sorry for being such a conscientious employee) we did finally make it upstairs where everyone had gathered with a beautiful basket full of gifts for Madison. Had a hard time with the card as I'm pretty much a ball of mush right now. I cannot even get through an episode of Oprah!!!!! That little girl is wrapped around Daddy's finger and she's not even here yet. What am I gonna be like on Gotcha Day?

Our notice of Travelling to China has been sent and we'll probably be taking a drive tomorrow or Monday to pick it up. All is working out for us and, I have to say, some serious prayers over the past few weeks are getting answered.

For all those interested below is our Itinerary, the where, when and what we'll be doing while in China.
Dec 5 - Leave for China 5:55AM - Scott, Jenn, who is buying the coffee?
Dec 6 - Arrive in Beijing - what are we time travellers?? nothing like crossing a dozen or so time zones - oh the 'jet lag'..........
Dec 7 - recoup from the 'jet lag'
Dec 8 - SHOPPING!!!
Dec 9 - Meet and greet with the rest of our travel group
Dec 10 - This is where things start to get interesting-----we fly to NanChang at 11:55 with an arrival of 1:15 in the afternoon......then.........GOTCHA DAY!!!!! Yes that's right this is the day we will finally be united with Madi....WOW!!!
Dec 11 - Provincial Government Office: Registration , and Notarization
Dec 12 - Visit the Tengwang Temple
Dec 13 - Receive Madi's Adoption Documents
Dec 14 - Receive Madi's Passport and fly back to Beijing
Dec 15 - Children's photos, Group Picture, Beijing Zoo, and a visit to the Summer Palace
Dec 16 - A visit to one of the 'Wonders of the World' - The Great Wall
Dec 17 - Medical Exam for the Childern
Dec 18 - Silk Store, and Indoor Market... wouldn't Gerald love the haggling!!(Gerald is Tracy's Dad, one of Madi's Grampi's, and he loves the yard sales)
Dec 19 - Tiananmen Square & The Forbidden City
Dec 20 - Leave Beijing for Canada arriving at the Moncton Airport at 10PM
That's a whirl wind trip if I ever saw one and home in time for Christmas! This is going to be a Christmas of Memories for our Family and we cannot wait to be able to share Madi with you all!!
Chris

6 comments:

RoLo said...

Wow this has to be so surreal for the both of you right now........I started off reading just fine and by the end when I got to your GOTCHA day the tears were welling up. Happy tears for you both we are so very happy for you guys.

The Fraser Family said...

I am soooooo happy for you guys!!! I can't wait to follow along while you are there and meet Madi when you get home. Enjoy your trip and adventure.

Angela said...

ooooooh, still feeling nauseous here...why am I the one who is a ball of nerves? lol

Seriously, I am so happy for you guys! I don't know how we would have gotten through this wait without you two...it sure wouldn't have been half as much fun! Hey wait...we are still waiting! Guess we'll live vicariously through you and Scott & Jen for now!

hugs
Ange

Tara said...

WOW....I can't wait for you guys! I am so happy for you! I was wondering where you were at work...I have a little Christmas present for Madison (when you return)! Good Luck with the beginning of the next chapter in your life...I'm rooting for you!

Family Life said...

OMG......you are on your way to bring Maddie home...FINALLY!!! We couldn't be happier for you guys and are so looking forward to meeting your beautiful daughter. (and half hoping she is as mischievious as she looks!!! This sounds mean, I know, but I need someone to share stories of total mischief with and you have to admit....she does look like she is full of personality!!!) Should I be surprised that I didn't get a call to check your suitcases??!!( I don't know how I received such a reputation!!!) We will be checking your blog non stop for all the updates. I hope your trip is amazing...how can it not be??? I am in tears just thinking about it and wishing I was travelling with you!! You will be in many of the same places we were when meeting Lily! Now I am really crying!!! I'm with Angela...my nerves have now kicked in!!! Enjoy every minute and hurry home!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Journey to meet Madison Eve! Wow, only one more sleep! Hopefully you can get some rest with all the excitement. So looking forward to meeting Madi and seeing you all together as a family. Super!

Tammy Regular & Family