Saturday, November 24, 2007

Final Preparations!

Well, as so many of you have pointed out, I've failed to post to my blog for over a week - so I'll make this a good one!

We've been quite busy with referral celebrations and a baby shower and getting paper work done and the nursery done all in preparation for travel on Dec 5th! Yup, you heard it right, Chris and I will be leaving with 6 other families to travel and get our children in early December. Due to the Christmas Holiday our agency has been scrambling to get things completed so we can travel early. It truly has been a miracle in the making that things are falling into place for us, although truthfully speaking it really has been an insanely crazy busy past week and a half.....certainly well worth the craziness though! I'm giving a shout out to FOI (our agency) for the exceptional work they are doing to facilitate this! THANKS!

We haven't yet received our full itinerary, all we know is the plane tickets are purchased for leaving on Dec 5th and returning home on Dec 20th. We'll post more information as soon as we have it.

Today I'm washing Madi's clothes and somewhat packing her suitcase trying to figure out what I've got left to purchase then heading out later today to do some shopping.

Here are a couple of pics of referral gifts we received from our wonderful friends! You guys are amazing and I don't know what we'd do without you. You've helped us through the many long months on this adoption journey and words can't describe what you mean to me! I can't post any pics yet of my shower because I'm waiting on my sister to send them to me :o) as soon as she does I'll post them. I'll also post pics of Madi's room once it's pulled together more. I've got gift bags all over the place and we are hopefully picking up her crib this weekend.





Take Care,
Tracy

****UPDATE****

As promised here are some pics of the wonderful gifts Madi received at her baby shower last Saturday. Thank you so much to everyone who came! It meant the world to celebrate the day with you! I was overwhelmed with everyone's generosity, you are all so thoughtful and giving - Madi is blessed to have you all in her life!!!!

The cake contributed by my Dad's company: Thanks Dad!


Preview of the gifts - yes it did take me a long time to open them!

All the wonderful gifts out on display, in the bag to the left of the picture is a super saucer and you can't see her car seat, I think there are even gifts stored under the table!!!!

Love,

Tracy

8 comments:

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

I was talking with Shelley this week! I cannot believe you guys are leaving on the 5th. That is truly amazing. I hear China is awesome at Christmas time and you guys will be there to see all the decorations...ohhhhhh I wish I was going with you!!!

Hope everything comes together for you guys and you can rest and relax before leaving.

Keep us updated on your progress as the weeks turn into days and minutes until departure!!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness!!! that is truly a Christmas miracle for you guys! What a perfect ending for the year, your daughter at home with you all.

Can't wait to hear more as you getting closer and closer to your date.

Yahoo!!

Leslie & Shaune said...

she is BEAUTIFUL. congratulations. :)

Angela said...

wow ~ ythings are going so fast my head is spinning and its not even me!! lol

I am so happy for you and can't wait to meet sweet little Madi!

Call me if you need help with anything!

hugs,
Ange

Angela said...

Hmmm...the more I look at Madi's picture, the more I think she DOES LOOK LIKE CHRIS!!!

Ange :)

Angela said...

Its me again! I just wanted to share what my friend Jennifer (who recently got her referral for Cameron) said in an email to me:

"that little Maddie’s referral is ADORABLE!!!!! Her hair is a gift almost as big as her smile – priceless. Congratulations to her parents!" ~ Jennifer

Angela :)

RoLo said...

Everything is happening so quickly, yeah, it wont be too much longer and Madison will be in your arms.

Happy shopping Happy Packing

monicaijordi said...

Hello. We want to share with you our videos from the trip to China and those that we have done once in house. Thanks AND CONGRATULATIONS !!!

http://es.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=monicaijordi&p=v