Wednesday, November 14, 2007

what a week!!!

I never expected this last week to be so busy! All last week we were sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for referral, so of course that meant little sleep and I don't think we have caught up on our sleep yet. What a whirlwind of emotions! We're ecstatic with our little Madi and now can't wait to hear when we will travel to bring her home. So again this week we are back to the edge of our seats waiting for that news!

Last night I went out with some very good friends to celebrate our referral and they overwhelmed me with beautiful gifts! I certainly wasn't expecting it....they like to spoil me that's for sure. I feel so blessed to have met such wonderful friends on this adoption journey.

Well, Chris and I have finally cleared out the room we will be using for Madi's nursery... yes girls you can applaud now....you know who you are...ha ha ha!..anyways the only thing left in here is the computer but we'll move that tomorrow, then up comes the carpet and in comes new flooring and the walls get a new coat of paint then we are ready to move in! Someone pinch me...is this really happening?

I'm going to leave you now with another picture of our sweet baby girl, Enjoy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

These moments are the most wonderful, aren't they? Your Madi is indeed beautiful! I cannot wait to follow your journey in China...and YES to a playdate with Lily, Madi, Ella and Kennedy!

Christine said...

Congrats on your beautiful Daughter! I love her hair! It seems to give her more spirit.
Blessed travels for you.
Thank you for sharing pictures - it really helps us still waiting know that there is a rainbow.
Christine
LID 9-29-06

Family Life said...

Sorry I missed out on the celebrations last night! I sure was thinking of you!!! I am relieved Maddie will have a room when she gets home.....we were getting a bit panicked!!! Love the new pic!
Steph

Anonymous said...

Tracy,
Madison is truly ADORABLE ! I've got goosebumps reading about your excitement. BTW, there's someone who works in my office who is related to you Tracy, and she was mentioning you ... her name is Wendy Fram (works in Finance at the hospital).
Enjoy this exciting time. Can't believe you're just starting Madi's room ... ha ... but the wait from referral to gotya day was the WORST wait for me, so preparing a nursery will keep you busy ;-)
Dale
www.journeytochloe.blogspot.com

Angela said...

ooooh how I love that sweet face!! look at those dimples :)
I am so excited for you guys (have I mentioned that before?? LOL)

Thank goodness Madi is going to have her room ready in time ~ you were making me nervous!!

hugs,
Angela :)

geminirn said...

SHE IS ADORABLE!!!!CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN,NOW YOU CAN SAY "SHE WAS WORTH THE WAIT".."WAIT WHAT WAIT",oh that must be a great feeling...lol

RoLo said...

I keep stopping by to look at her photo :))

Jenny-Bee said...

She is just adorable!! I love her little smile. So excited for you :-)

Jen B
xo

AmyO said...

She is soooo cute! Congrats to you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! She's beautiful! I love her hair!
Love, Holly and Mike Larson