Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Enjoying the Summer!

I know I haven't been the best blogger since we've been home from China...and it isn't because I haven't had time, it's just that when I usually think about it I'm in the middle of doing something else and say to myself I'll do it later....and unfortunately later never comes.

I thought I'd give a quick update on the happenings since my last post on Mother's Day. hmmm, where to start. Madi is doing exceptionally well. She has grown so much and is talking so much now. She's not a baby anymore :o( She's a little toddler running around...and I mean that literally! She's talking a lot more too. It seems like everyday she is learning and saying new words. She must be saying close to 50 words by now.

Chris had a wonderful Father's Day. It was so great to see him finally celebrate this much anticipated day. Here's a pic taken with them in full camo...Madi's shirt says "My Dad Rules!"..it's so cute, but I had to have the barret and gold bracelet on to reflect her feminine side too...hahaha!



We had our first official Family vacation in June. We went to Portland, Maine for 5 days. Madi did awesome! She is such a little traveller. We went from sunup to sundown and she enjoyed the whole time. Here are some pics:

pit stop on the road -

waking up in the hotel and wanting breakfast -
Daddy and Madi at Daddy's favorite store -


We had our 6 month review for our adoption last month that went really well. I didn't know what to expect but it was comfortable and easy. We also celebrated our first Canada day. Chris had to work so Madi and I enjoyed the day by going to my Parents camp and then we headed downtown for the fireworks. We weren't sure how she'd do with the loud noise but she absolutely loved it. She was fascinated with the fireworks and kept saying Wow.....Wow....it was so cute.
Chris just celebrated his Birthday on Saturday, unfortunately I was sick and wasn't able to celebrate with him and his family....I'll have to make it up to him. We had a celebration the week before with my family here at home with a pool party....did I mention we got a pool...We LOVE it!

That about sums up what we've been doing the last couple of months. And I'm sorry to say that this is the last post for our blog. Thank you so much for following our journey, we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. We finally have our beautiful daughter home and we treasure everyday we have with her.

3 comments:

Tara said...

AHHHH....I am so happy for you guys! Sounds like you are enjoying your summer (as are we)!!! Madi is definitely growing up. I can't believe how long her hair is getting. She is sooooo cute! Thanks for posting!

geminirn said...

Your little princess is growing fast,i guess they all are,can you believe on Sunday(the 10th) it will be 5 months since our own little angel was placed in our loving arms...wow!!

I continue to check for updates daily...glad I hadn't deleted this blog or we would have missed these adorable photos........so i think we will keep this in our favs. a bit longer......lol!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.